- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 chicken thighs boneless-skinless cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (15 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15oz can white beans - drained
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. salt + 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp Grill Mates seasoning (Smokehouse Maple)
Wipe out and spray the slow cooker. Set on low and cover. (slave always says this. You will NEVER be disappointed if you follow this simple step where as you might ruin the days work if you forget it).
Chop your onions and cut up the bacon and the chicken. Cut off the large portions of fat from the thighs.
In a skillet heat 1 Tbs oil, bacon pieces and chopped up onions. Cook until starting to turn color and the fat has rendered slightly, 7 to 8 minutes.
Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Then using a slotted spoon spread in bottom of cooker. (the bacon will finish cooking during the 8 hours in the cooker)
Place chicken over onions.
Add the cans of corn, stewed tomatoes, drained beans, BBQ sauce & broth, and the remaining ingredients.
Cover and let cook on low for 8 hours.
For a true southern taste serve with hot cornbread muffins!
What a tasty treat! So proud to be able to serve this to my Master.
For our music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3sOqch0hV0
Wystan Hugh Auden