Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Serving when sick-abed


This last Friday slave was afflicted with a severe toothache. Of course it was after Dentist office had closed for the weekend. This is the stuff of real life as apposed to those great fantasy scenes we read on line. 

While slave is as much of a pain pig as the next slave: somehow toothaches don't count! The whole thing hardly seems fair! Now it is undergoing a 10 day course of antibiotics and in 20 days, 2 of its front lower teeth will be pulled! Have not been able to bite or chew. 18 hours a day moaning in bed – and not in a good way!

How did slave serve under these conditions? Master Indy has always told me to take care of His property. So – don't laugh, but slave came up with the idea of pretending that I was serving a Master with the same toothache I was experiencing. Now follow me on this.

I let the patient sleep in. Got a washcloth to wash His hands, face and feet. Straightened His bed. Fixed compresses, applied Ora-jel. Sometimes I read, sometimes I picked DVD's that I knew so well, it would be easy to fall asleep watching.

Cooking was easy: just soft and smooth! Creamy Mac and Cheese – Creamed eggs – Pea Soup – French toast – crepes with strawberry all fruit. I made sure there was plenty of juice and water but they were not too cold. Even fixed saltwater rinse to hold in mouth for 2 – 3 minutes at a time to help fight infection.

Slave admits feeling silly reporting all of this to Master for His approval. He was very supportive! Of course He IS the greatest Master in the world.


Slave is posting this as an introduction to a recipe I'm making to honor a “boy” I met who is “serving” up in Alaska for now. You are fulfilling one type of “Service” there. As a boy, you are also training in another type service. Learning to serve can happen at any age or condition. You have met me once and I'm sure I did not fit any stereotype of someone who is just learning to serve.  Serving happens!

Serving can be many things, it comes from inside and expects nothing in return. For the act itself is what we seek and cherish.

socialslave

No comments:

Post a Comment