- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, halved use turkey bacon for less fat
- 1½ pounds coleslaw mix Suggested to use the one with broccoli (about 11 cups)
- ¼ cup white wine balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 red and or yellow pepper diced small
2(5oz cans) chunk lite tuna or albacore tuna, drained well and shredded by hand 3 green onions, chopped fine
1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup bread crumbs, divided Panko are the best but slave only had Italian on hand so that was used.
oil for frying
Place the tuna, onions, mustard, mayo, eggs, lemon juice, salt, pepper and ¼ cup of the bread crumbs into a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine. Divide the mixture into 4 rounds and set aside on a parchment lined half sheet pan.