- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup favorite Bar B Que sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 4 small apples peeled, cored and chopped.
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ cup each of green onions (green parts and white parts)
- In a bowl, combine chopped apples, white parts of green onions, BBQ sauce, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Toss well to mix.
- Wrap each chicken breast with two slices of bacon and place in a greased slow cooker.
- Pour BBQ-apple mixture over chicken and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is done.
A really nice side to this is fresh roasted asparagus! I must admit feeling a bit disappointed at the farmers market when I got this pound. They looked so big. So they were cut closer than slave usually cuts them. Slave owes him an apology, they were fantastic.Then just toss them with 2 tbs of oil and sprinkle with kosher salt and roast at 375 for about 20 to 25 minutes.Cheap white rice makes a great bed for the chopped apples and green onions. Transfer about 1 ½ cups of the cooking liquid to a sauce pan and mix in 2 tbs of corn starch. Heat to boiling while stirring constantly. You may have started off with you favorite BBQ sauce but this will become your new favorite sauce!This meal is such a joy to make and serve when you know the crock pot did all of the work!The real joy of my life is being allowed to serve my Master Indy.
socialslaveTo satisfy and restore.To nourish, support and maintain.To gratify, spoil, comfort and please,to nurture, assist, and sustain…..I cook!
Please buy slave's cookbook:
The Little Black Book of Indiscreet Recipes by Dan White http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F315Y4I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_vAT4sb0934RTM via @amazon