- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-3/4 pounds), skin removed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sliced green onions
cooked quinoa, optional
DirectionsFirst do your cutting: mince the garlic. Then lay out the chicken on a sheet of wax paper. Then skin should just peel off, you might need a sharp knife to separate the fat but for the most part, just pull!
I cut the wax paper around the laid out pieces of skin. Sprinkle some salt and seal that up to freeze.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. The chicken will release from the pan when it is ready to turn.In a small bowl, whisk water, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- Pour over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until chicken is tender, turning chicken at the 15 minute mark.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with green onions.
For our music: