- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- ¾ cup dry quinoa
- 2-4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 (15.5 oz) can Great Northern Navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups low salt chicken broth (about 4 cans)
- ½ tsp. Herbes de Povence
- Salt to taste
- Lightly brown the thighs, both sides 3-4 minutes each.
- Add chicken to slow cooker, Top with onions, celery, and garlic.When you cut up the garlic remember to look for any green inside. If there, remove it because it will make your dish bitter!
- Dish the quinoa around the sides, and pour in the chicken broth.Do not add the kale or the beans yet. Season with salt and pepper to taste, add the herbs.
- Cook on low for 7 hours. The pot will be rather full so at this point use a ladle and remove about 3 or 4 cups worth to a large bowl.
- By now you have had time to wash, stem, and dry the kale then chop roughly. Don't worry about doing it finely, it will wilt in the hot soup.
- Remove the chicken, it will be so tender that is might just fall apart at this point, but it if does not, you want to cut it into bite sized pieces.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pot, and put the kale on top.
When you get to eat great tasting stuff like this fantastic soup, you will find that you have become more healthy and fit. Where was the sacrifice? Really: when stuff tastes this good, what do you think you are giving up? However slave is not responsible if you have been neglecting to set aside money for that new skinny wardrobe you are going to need.
- Pour the removed liquids back over the kale and add the beans.
- Turn up the heat to HIGH and cook for another hour.
- Serve with a crusty bread.
Happy to be serving my Master Indy
To satisfy and restore.To nourish, support and maintain.To gratify, spoil, comfort and please,to nurture, assist, and sustain…..I cook!
Please buy slave's cookbook:
The Little Black Book of Indiscreet Recipes by Dan White http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F315Y4I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_vAT4sb0934RTM via @amazon