lbs. beef top sirloin steak
cup soy sauce
tablespoons white sugar
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon garlic powder
tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
green and ½ yellow bell pepper
tbs of peanut butter (trust me on this)
1/2 cups beef consomme
- First put your thawed steak back into the freezer for about 20 minutes. This will make it easier to slice.Do your cutting. Cut the red onion into long thin slivers, do the same for the peppers.
- Slice the steak into ½-inch thick slices across the grain. Place in large bowl with 3 tbs of soy sauce and the 1 tbs of peanut butter. Stir this well with a wooden spoon to coat everything and let sit for about 20 minutes to marinade.(Yes I know, however the tiniest taste of peanut butter will make your dish stand out without the taste of a children's sandwich.)
- Heat 1 T. oil in skillet on medium high and add onion and garlic, stirring until onion is tender, around 4 or 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add remaining oil and saute the beef until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the consomme to skillet while you stir to get up any bits from bottom.
- Mix the soy sauce, ginger, sugar, and cornstarch until it forms a nice sauce. Stir this into the skillet. Return beef, and onions to skillet and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. (This is a good time to fix the rice according to box directions. Also slave set oven to 400. Then placed the Crab Rangoon and egg rolls on a pan lined with parchment paper. Give them a quick spray and let warm in oven for about 10 minutes....Do check so they don't burn.
- Stir in the peppers until they are crisp/tender-around 5 minutes.