Why lentils?They lower cholesterol and they are especially helpful in managing blood-sugar disorders with their high fiber. This prevents the levels from rising rapidly after a meal. This makes it an excellent snack to have after a “scene” to prevent or ease “Sub Drop”. Also “Top Drop” don't forget them. You will find a small container of this recipe served cold on hand in your playroom with some slices of cheese, seedless grapes, and maybe a small energy drink to be indispensable to your continued enjoyment. You have both put your bodies through a lot!
They also one of the richest sources of both types of fiber the body needs:
Soluble (the kind that forms gel-like the pulls the bile and cholesterol out of the body) and
Insoluble (the kind that helps prevent problems like irritable bowel syndrome and diverticulosis.)
Lentils have magnesium that helps veins and arteries relax to reduce pressure and improve blood flow.
So lets get to this fabulous makeover of the old standby baked beans!
This recipe can be prepared in stages:
- 1 lbs lentils, rinsed
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock +2 cups waterBar B Que sauce:
- 2 cups of your favorite bottled Bar B Que sauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs dry mustard
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce (may use vegetarian variety)
- 1 can 6oz tomato paste Just to make it richer.Extras:
- 1 can 15 oz diced roasted tomatoes
- 1 can 8oz pineapple chunks in juice, well drained
- 1 cup diced yellow onion