Saturday, July 19, 2014

Smothered Chops in the Old Southern Way

This old style dinner was developed where the folks spent all day doing psychical labor. This is a rich honest taste of just plain good!
Slave was just studying the “Maillard reaction”. How the amino acids and the natural sugars in food create tasty “dicarbonyls”. This is the science behind why we “brown” the meat! Or carmelize the onions. Slave apologizes for perhaps not allowing that to happen enough so that this would be more photogenic. Maybe adding some chopped chives over the top would have added interest. Remember we taste first with our eyes.


Either way this yummy meal consists of inch thick pork chops simmered in a light sauce with mushrooms and onions. Served with home mashed potatoes and fresh roasted broccoli. Nope, can't do any better in any fancy restaurant. Except maybe that they serve you and you don't have to wash the dishes! OK, but why pay someone else to get the opportunity to comfort and serve your special person?

Ingredients:
two 1 inch thick pork chops
1 medium yellow onion
2 cups chicken stock
1 small can of mushrooms pieces and stems, drained
3 tbs all purpose flour
Salt and pepper to taste, maybe some Herbes de Province if you like.
--------------------------------------------
For the sides:
Mikl's Magic Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:
For the potatoes:
4 red potatoes peeled & diced
1/3 cup non fat half-and-half
2 ounces unsalted butter
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 egg yolk
Directions:
Peel and dice the potatoes. Cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil.
Once boiling, uncover, lower the temp so that you just maintain the simmer. cook 10 to 15 minutes.
Heat the butter and ½ & ½ in microwave till melted about 25 sec.
Drain the potatoes and mash, add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper as you mash until you get the right texture. Remember if at first it seems like its too runny, keep mashing and it will firm up.
When you are happy with it, stir in the yolk until it is well mixed in.


Roasted Fresh Broccoli
2 heads of fresh broccoli (between ½ and 1 lbs)
large pinch of kosher salt
2 tbs of oil (Slave used some of that left over oil from the confit - HEAVEN)
Directions:
Soak fresh produce in a bath of water with ½ cup of white vinegar for about 5 minutes, then swish it out.
Cut the stalk to within a half inch of the bushy part. Break the little heads apart with your fingers. Put them in a bowl with the oil and stir them all around to get a slight taste of oil on all of it.
Spread out on a foil lined sheet and roast in a 400 degree oven for between 20 to 25 minutes. Check them about half way and if some are getting dark, turn the pan around so it is even.
Main dish directions:

Wash off the chops and dry. With a shape knife cut slits in the fat down to the meat along the side. This lets the chop cook flat. Otherwise the side with fat will draw-up and almost form a bowl.
Sprinkle with kosher salt and season with any pepper or preferred seasonings.
Heat about 2 tbs of oil in a covered deep frying pan. Then brown both sides of the chops about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chops and cover with foil.
While that is browning, drain the mushrooms and slice the onion. Slave chose to use a mandolin for this, but not important.



When chops are removed, add the onions and mushrooms. Stir and cook for about 6 minutes. This gets the water out of the mushrooms and turns the onions more transparent.
Sprinkle the 3 tbs of all purpose flour into the pan and stir for 2 minutes. Then mix in the 2 cups of chicken stock. Stir that for about 4 minutes until it thickens.




Return the chops to the pan and spoon the sauce over them. Cover and reduce the heat to a slight simmer and let cook for about 20 minutes. This step is to finish cooking the chops and to steep them with flavors.
Set them on a platter and with a slotted spoon dish the onions and mushrooms over them. Let sit to rest for 5 minutes while you:
Spoon the broccoli into a bowl. Dish out the mashed potatoes. Pour the sauce into a bowl.

Your fresh meal from scratch is ready to warm the tummies and hearts of all who partake.



Proclaiming Who and What I am!

This interesting lesbian at my table had been a “Hitler Youth”! But what struck me was the very wealth of information, of existence sitting right here by my side. It could have been overwhelming. In this light social setting we chatted, joked and enjoyed each others company.
What is it we call the collected wisdom, hurts, passions, and humor that are all bound up in a person over a lifetime? What a marvelous quilt of colors! A fantastic combination that makes this stew so hearty!
I found myself wanting to share who and what I was to this unique individual. Opportunities like that are rare.
Far too long my existence has been limited. Now as I reemerge, I want to hug everyone I meet. The overwhelming urge is to jump into the deep end with as big of a splash as I can make. I want to share with everyone the wonderful new life I have discovered. I have found the real me, the reason I was born. At last I have a purpose in life.
Ah, but there is a time and place for everything. Profound friendships can and do accept but these don't happen instantly. Step boldly, but chose where you put your foot!
How does one start? How many details are to be relieved? How to define without defending? First impressions have already been made.
The only advice slave has is to express the joy!
Actor Chad Allen (child star & teen heart throb of TV's “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman”) tells of when an “ex” sold intimate pictures and “outed” him to the press. He was advised to not make a statement of “coming out” until it was GOOD NEWS! We should all “lead with our smile”. If we wish to share about ourselves, put the happiness first!



Explaining consensual slavery can be tricky. Yet I start by telling of the fantastic euphoria that enveloped me when my Master Indy told me:
I Own You”!
(excuse slave, just typing that out sends a shot of energy through this body). It defies explanation. Those three words, in that order, from Him, at that time and place in the universe, and everything changed!
I am so very lucky to be able to feel such bliss. After such a long life, such a long time searching, finally to have found what it is that fulfills me. This is truly a heaven on earth. I would not trade it for anything. For those that cringe or pull back: I am truly sorry you feel that way. I hope you find something that feels as good to you as what I have found feels to me. Don't expect me to apologize for what I was born to be!
Slave admits to really enjoying the whispers heard behind my back when I so proudly wear my shackles. Or my dog tag that proclaims me as a slave. It is my pride! It is who and what I am!
No, I do not think I am better than you in any way. I am only luckier! I get to be an expression that brings credit to the most important person in my life. I am allowed to do things for Him. Things He could easily do Himself, yet He offers me the opportunity to experience the joy of giving. The wonders of nurturing or spoiling. The flush of happiness I get when thinking how I can please and comfort Him. Even the gift of His orders can give pleasure.
Yes, knowing that I am His property fills me with a purpose and strength. Wearing his shackles frees me. They feel like antenna focusing energies of the universe into these wrists that were made for shackles. A feeling of “oneness” with all of the others who prefer not to be in the lead. slave is one of the many strong people who chose to offer the gift of submission to another.
If you have ever offered to help someone, to comfort or to assist, then inside you have felt just a small part of the joy slave lives 24/7! Feel good for me, certainly don't pity me. For I have never been happier in my life.
I am a slave
I am His property
Master Indy OWNS me!

Loving to serve My Master Indy



socialslave
To satisfy and restore.
To nourish, support and maintain.
To gratify, spoil, comfort and please,
to nurture, assist, and sustain
..I cook!

Please buy slave's cookbook:

The Little Black Book of Indiscreet Recipes by Dan White http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F315Y4I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_vAT4sb0934RTM via @amazon









No comments:

Post a Comment