- 2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1/8"-thick slices with a mandolin or V-slicer
- 3 yellow (sweet) onions, very thinly sliced
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tbs oil
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter (2 tbs reserved)
- 1 tbs sweet paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper
This was developed from a recipe of Trisha Yearwood
1 lbs. fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
6 slices bacon
½ cup light brown sugar
½ stick butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Directions Wash the fresh asparagus in a vinegar bath for about 5 – 7 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- 1½ cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 5oz tub of plain non-fat Greek style yogurt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup skim milk
- Cooking spray
- Whisk mustard, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon oil, parsley, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat evenly. Place in a zipper bag and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Rinse and pat the chicken dry.
- Spoon the yogurt into a liquid cup measure (you can tell if it is to measure liquid if it has a lip or spout, with a plain edge means it is for dry measure. - not a big difference but a difference) Add skim milk up to the full 1 cup level. Let sit 2 minutes for the best non-fat fresh buttermilk ever! Whip in the egg.
- Dip chicken in this fresh buttermilk & egg mixture, dredge in bread crumbs.