Our first entree is a creamy country bake with potatoes, the other a spicy sweet slow cooking delight served with vegetables on the side. Both marinaded and both slow cooked with a low heat
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Marinade: ½ cup soy sauce 4 Tbs kosher salt 2 Tbs mustard 2 Tbs maple syrup ==========
The night before: mix up the marinade. Divide half of the boneless ribs among into zipper bags and wrap up the other half for refrigerator.
Pour equal amounts of marinade into the bags and let them sit overnight in the cold.
Directions for Creamy Country style:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees FDo your cutting. Slice the onion, peel and slice the potatoes, then the carrots, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Brown the onion stirring often.
- Spray a 3 quart baking dish.
- When onions are starting to turn brown, spread them on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Raise the heat. Pull the ribs out of the bags and let drain but save the marinate. Brown the ribs – about 3 minutes per side only. Arrange them in the dish.
- Distribute the carrots and potatoes around the ribs.
- In a bowl, combine condensed mushroom soup, 1/2 & 1/2, onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until smooth, and pour over steaks. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
in preheated oven for 2 hours. (While that cooks, why not put the
rest of the ribs in the same bags with the marinade for tomorrow?)
- Wipe out the crock pot and spray it well. Set it on low and cover.