- 9 – 12 Chicken drum sticks
- 1 18oz bottle BBQ sauce (or approx 2 cups)
- 1 C peach preserves
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 TBS garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
T Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1 29oz. can peach slices in juice
- 2 ½ pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 4 green onionsChimichurri:
- 1/3 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2-3oz. fresh basil, chopped
- 1-2oz. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, copped
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 4 eggs
cup toasted peanuts, chopped
Wash the potatoes and cut in half, or quarters if large.
Preheat the grill to medium high heat.
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and fill with cold water, covering the potatoes by at least 2 inches. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, continue boiling about 4 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked but not soft.
Meanwhile, cook the eggs in a large saucepan of boiling water until whites are set and yolks are still slightly soft, 7 minutes. Drain the eggs and then run under cold water to cool. Set aside.
Cut into 3 inch pieces.
When potatoes are done and still slightly firm, remove with a slotted spoon, and toss in the oil bowl.
Using tongs, place the potato pieces on the hot grill, and cook on all sides, long enough to make grill marks, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Handle gently so they don't fall apart.
Wipe out the large bowl and scrape in the chimichurri. Add the hot potatoes and asparagus to the green mixture as they come off the grill. Once all the potatoes have been grilled, toss well with the chimichurri.
Peel the eggs and slice in half.
Add the salad into a serving bowl or plate. Top with toasted peanuts and the 7-minute eggs. Garnish with chopped chives. Enjoy!