This recipe uses three large chicken leg quarters. They fill a large baking pan. It is an easy recipe, little work, little clean-up yet the finished dish is as elegant as any 5 star offering.
Our meal tonight is in honor of a little know and unlikely Angel from Arkansas: Ruth Coker Burks. Please take the time to read our little write-up on this wonderful person.
- 3 chicken leg quarters
- ½ cup brown sugar
oz can sliced peaches
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves or nutmeg or allspice
of a fresh lime
– 5 cloves garlic minced
coat foil/pan with oil.
- Do your cutting: Strike the cloves of garlic and the skins will slide right off.
- Place chicken in the prepared baking dish skin side down.
- In a bowl mix the juice from the can of peaches with brown sugar and spices as well as lime juice and garlic.
- Place peach slices over chicken and cover with foil.
Remove foil and turn chicken.
400 degrees. Spoon
baking juices & peaches over chicken and bake 35-45
or until chicken is done.
off the sauce, reduced it and thickened it using 1tsp of cornstarch
and a little water.
"It was always my hope that a monument would someday be placed there with the names of those brave men whose families didn't want them to bury them. I have also buried a few whose families didn't have the money to bury them..It is a peaceful place and my guys knew that if nothing else they were loved by me. It gave them such peace to know that they had a final resting place."
Let's make this happen! Please share it on your social media and directly with friends and family. Thanks for your support!