Sunday, October 30, 2016

Magical Butter Pecan Cheesecake


His shirt said his name was Chris and he worked for Keebler. We happened to meet as he was stacking “Ready Crust”s on the shelves of my local supermart. I don't know what made me proclaim that I wanted to make a cheesecake but was having to watch the calories. 
 
He gave me a smile and asked if I liked butter pecan ice cream. Who doesn't? “Here”, he said handing me a graham crust, “You know you want to trust me!”

He led me around picking up the few things I needed: lower fat cream cheese, non-fat whipped topping, and pecans. Chris admitted that while not perfect, it was about as low fat as I could get and still have the wonderful ice cream taste! 

Well I admitted that if it tastes as good as he says, he would be welcome in my tree house anytime!

Again he gives me that disarming smile and I swear his eyes twinkled when he winked, turned his back, and just disappeared!



A low fat cheesecake with the taste of butter pecan ice cream? A recipe directly from a magical elf? What's keeping you from trying this?


For the crust:
9 inch Graham Pie Crust
1 egg

For the pecans:

  • 2 cups pecan halves and pieces
  • 2 tbs unsalted butter
  • 3 tbs granulated sugar
  • pinch of salt

For the filling:

  • 16 oz. Lower fat cream cheese, at room temperature
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • ½ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 8 oz. Non-fat whipped topping, thawed

Directions:


To make the crust:
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Place the ready crust inside of a 9 inch pie pan, this strengthens it.
Whip up the egg and brush it on the insides of the crust.
Bake for 5 minutes and let cool completely.


To make the pecans:

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the pecans, sugar, and salt.


Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the pecans are toasted and the sugar sticks to them (about 7 or 8 minutes). Set aside to cool.


Keep back a few of the pecans for garnish.

Once cooled, roughly chop the remaining pecans.


To make the filling:
Using an mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until thoroughly combined and smooth.

With a spatula, fold about a third of the thawed whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture until well mixed. Then gently fold in the remaining topping.

Stir in the chopped pecans.

Spread the filling evenly in the cooled crust. Garnish as desired.



Freeze for at least 2 hours before setting out for ½ an hour to serve.

Notes:
*This cheesecake can also be made with your own cookie crust in a 9-inch springform pan. Just cover the bottom of pan with parchment paper first.

For our music how about the one and only Halloween song?

socialslave

To satisfy and restore.
To nourish, support and maintain.
To gratify, spoil, comfort and please,
to nurture, assist, and sustain
..I cook!

Please buy slave's cookbook:

The Little Black Book of Indiscreet Recipes 

by 

Dan White http://www.amazon.com

/dp/B00F315Y4I

/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_vAT4sb0934RTM via 

@amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment