Sunday, May 3, 2020

Barbecue Stuffed Chicken ~ Here Comes Summer!


A dinner full of gratitude and happiness. Days are stretching out longer, restrictions are easing and life may be returning to something we might recognize again. Memories of an old fashioned cook out! BBQ's chicken, baked corn and roasted Broccoli. Guaranteed Num Num! Lets go for it now!


Stuffing chicken breasts with pineapple flavored cream cheese gives a great balance to the tangy sauce basted on top of the bacon wrapped piece of meat. No bones to worry about, just great eating! Be grateful!


Ingredients:
3 slices bacon
Pineapple flavored cream cheese
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1½ lb)
½ tsp salt + ¼ tsp pepper
½ cup sweet & spicy BBQ sauce

Direction:
Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.



Broccoli
Cut a head of fresh broccoli and rinse in vinegar water.

Toss in olive oil. Spread on a lined baking tray and sprinkle with salt.

Corn:
1 can creamed corn
1 can of corn nibbles
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
3 tbs butter
2 tbs flour

Open and drain the cans of corn in a colander. Drain both of them well. 


In a medium bowl mix the drained corn with a sleeve of crushed crackers, stir in the flour. You want this to be very thick.


Spoon in the corn mixture into a sprayed, small casserole and dot with butter dabs.
Chicken: 
    

  • Lay out the bacon between layers of paper towels on microwavable plate 3 to 4 minutes or just until edges begin to brown but are still soft and pliable. Let cool



In small bowl, stir up the flavored cream cheese to soften it.




Cut pocket in each chicken breast by making a horizontal slit along thin long edge, being careful to not cut through to opposite side. Stuff each pocket with half of the cream cheese. Press edges of chicken together to seal. Maybe use toothpicks to hold. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Wrap each with the still limp but pre-cooked bacon.





Brush each with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.

Bake 15 minutes. Brush with remaining ¼ cup barbecue sauce, using about 1 tablespoon on each breast. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 160°F).




Baked corn and the roasted broccoli should be ready by this time.


What a meal for my Master Indy:
socialslave

To satisfy and restore.
To nourish, support and maintain.
To gratify, spoil, comfort and please,
to nurture, assist, and sustain
..I cook!

Please buy slave's cookbook:

The Little Black Book of Indiscreet Recipes by Dan White http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F315Y4I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_vAT4sb0934RTMvia @amazon             

=======================
An Attitude of Gratitude

Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”

For some time now, slave has tried to focus on gratitude as a way to overcome depression. Each morning before you get up, notice how comfortable you are. How soft the pillow. How the covers are so “just right”. Take a just a moment to enjoy these things and think about how glad you are to feel them. As I stagger into the kitchen to make coffee, I see “happy” sinks, a smiling stove. I think how lucky I am to be in this place.

It has been far too easy to feel sorry for what I lack or what I've lost. So now I attempt to find things to be grateful for each day. When explaining this to my Master, it must have made an impression. Friday, for my birthday, He sent me a Gratitude Journal. My first entry:
“He knew I enjoyed the day much more when I focus on gratitude, so from half a world away he sent this gift that gives me happiness daily.”

Being grateful does not mean that everything is necessarily good. It just means that you can accept it as a gift. Marcus Cicero wrote: Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.”

I truly believe that an attitude of gratitude brings great things. It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.

Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have. Gratitude builds a bridge to abundance.

Dance. Smile. Giggle. TRUST. HOPE. BELIEVE. Most of all, enjoy every moment of the journey, and be grateful where you are at this moment instead of focusing on how far you have to go. Sing the song in your heart and NEVER let anyone shut you up!!
Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get back up.

I have been finding treasures in places I did not want to search.
I have been hearing wisdom from tongues I did not want to listen.
I have been finding beauty where I did not want to look.
And I have learned so much from journeys I did not want to take.
Forgive me, O Gracious One; for I have been closing my ears and eyes for too long.
I have learned that miracles are only called miracles because they are often witnessed by only those who can see through all of life's illusions.
I am ready to see what really exists on other side, what exists behind the blinds, and taste all the ugly fruit instead of all that looks right, plump and ripe.”

THANK YOU!



No comments:

Post a Comment