Saturday, May 23, 2020

Virtual Vacation Day Five


Is cabin fever setting in? Need to get out and enjoy the countryside. Get back to traveling? Well now you can. Join me this week on a virtual vacation.



Posting every night from Tuesday through Saturday. Enjoy


This morning called for a slow relaxing breakfast. Then went to the room and packed. No need for an early start home. Looks like a three hour drive and the eleven o'clock check-out will still allow for beating the afternoon rush in Saint Louis. I'll gain back the hour I lost outside of Nashville. At check out, I get directions to a gas station and find what is the best route to get to Indiana 145 south.



I'm enjoying the great oldies on my radio. Got me to thinking that as we age, we often find ourselves living alone. The human body NEEDS touch. It was designed for it. However we tend to get less the longer we live. Having a good message and being pampered really does the body good. We have long known about the healing powers of touch. We need more of it!

This was my first ever visit to a spa. A return visit could be forced upon me, I guess....(ha ha ha)!
Driving away from the station and entering IN 145, my car acts as if it wants to get home. 



The green rolling hills are smiling at me wishing for my return soon.

After about 2 hours driving, a stop for gas in Mount Vernon, Il is just the thing to stretch the legs. The thirsty little car takes nearly 8 gallons. The last hour of the trip will be wonderful countryside with little services. A perfect way to end the trip.


It is normal to go back over my vacation during the homeward drive.
A great visit to a most beautiful Greek temple and learning it's mysteries. Belle Meade Plantation offered classic southern hospitality and history.

Visiting so many Packards was the experience in Dayton, OH. Some say that car was the top luxury car produced in America.

Then for other types of transportation, two historic train rides and even a canal boat ride. Thus reconnecting with history of long ago.

Now I can claim to have been a guest at a famous southern Indiana spa and treated like royalty.
I have met some new friends and learned new perspectives from them.
Couldn't ask for a more complete vacation.

Now I turn onto the interstate again, I-64 west will carry me home. Or at least to the Arch of Saint Louis. Practically my front porch.




I stopped at the local burger doodle for a carry-in. I'll heat it up for dinner. Sunday will be time enough to refill the refrigerator. 

All in all a fine vacation. A little over 1200 miles in five days. Thousands of memory moments to savor for a lifetime. Thank You for “going along”. Hope you had fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment