Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Ah Men Shop Wrapped Cod


Let's try a different take on the “en pappiote” cooking with this pastry wrapped fish.


Simple ingredients and an easy clean-up.


Ingredients:
5 oz pkg. baby spinach
½ cup yellow onion
½ cup grated carrots
2 – 3 tbs Mascarpone cheese
tube of crescent dough
1 egg yolk mixed with 2 tbs water and well beaten.

Directions:


Chop the onion, grate the carrots, (not your knuckles!)



and run a cutter through the spinach.
Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
Cook onions and carrots for about 5 minutes.


Add the spinach by handfuls, stirring each in until wilted down.



Stir in the mascarpone cheese and cover.


Stir occasionally while you pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.

Lay out a sheet of wax paper to cover the counter. Unroll the crescent dough into a single sheet.



Arrange the fillets of cod and brush the dough around them with the egg mixture.


Place a large spoonful of the spinach mixture on each filet and fol the dough over to seal. Cut slits into each and brush the rest of the tops with egg. Place on parchment paper on the baking sheet and put in oven for 20 to 25 minutes.




As a gay child in the 50's and 60's there were simply no images of a role model or even a hint that I was not the only one like me. At least none that I could get my hands on. My mother was concerned that both my brother and I needed positive male influences so she took out a subscription to Playboy magazine! Little did she know. But my buddies really enjoyed sleep-overs.  

However in the back pages I found something! It was so tiny that it escaped most scrutiny, but that little 1 inch ad grabbed me. It was in fact the only thing I could masturbate to in every issue!
There was an ad for a mens clothing store in West Hollywood, CA. Somehow the image reached into my adolescent psyche and told me: “Yes I'm out here for you”


slave was trying to explain this to Master Indy, for it needs to give a presentation on LGBT history at the first Saint Charles MO Pride. Trying to reach a generation who has always had role models and positive images to guide them. But if you do not know what it is that you have, you can easily lose it. So slave chooses to dedicate this dish to that clothing store that once was in a mythical land of West Hollywood. You never know who you can touch with your images and words.

Serving my Master Indy

socialslave

To satisfy and restore.
To nourish, support and maintain.
To gratify, spoil, comfort and please,
to nurture, assist, and sustain
..I cook!

Please buy slave's cookbook:

The Little Black Book of Indiscreet Recipes by Dan White http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F315Y4I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_vAT4sb0934RTM via @amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment