Chicken-Baked Chops in the Crock
- 4 bone-in pork chops (½ inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- ½ sliced onion
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 – 5 red potatoes for mashing – see “Mikl's magic mashed potatoes”
- 1 lbs fresh green beans
- slice the onion
- saute in medium low skillet to caramelize the onion
- Raise heat in a skillet, then brown the pork chops on both sides. This goes quickly as you only want to turn the color from a reddish pink to a nice golden tan. They will cook in the pot.
- In a medium bowl mix together the condensed soup, soy sauce, water, and ground ginger. Whisk to combine well.
- Spoon just a bit of this into the crock pot to lay your chops on. (this will keep them from sticking)Spread the onions on top and pour the soup mix over.