Wednesday, September 17, 2014

La Dolce Piggy

La Dolce Piggy
Here is a juicy Italian take on the great classic Pork Chop! Super easy, not much to clean up after. Perfect for these first fall evenings when it turned just a bit colder than you had expected.





Slave suggests serving this with green beans & almonds. These are not really flavored and their clean taste balances nicely. If you like melted cheese on your tomatoes, use a grated provel or other Italian. Here slave uses Parmesan which just does not like to melt and get gloppy.




















Ingredients:
2 Pork Chops*
Bottled balsamic vinaigrette dressing
4 tbs. brown sugar
3 – 4 tbs bottled ranch dressing
1 cup dry Italian bread crumbs.
1 small package dry Italian dressing mix.
1 tbs dry powdered garlic.
3 tbs grated Parmesan cheese.+ a touch more
2 large tomatoes
1 pkg frozen green beans with almonds

*May slave suggest you use the thicker (about ¾ – 1 inch) bone in chops for this. You can use the butterfly chops or boneless – just reduce the oven temps to 350 for the thinner chops.

Directions
The night before:





Rinse the chops and pat dry: put into plastic bags with some of the Balsamic dressing and 2 tbs of brown sugar each. Note that I held them by the “tail” when I placed them in the bag. It was just easier that way. Let them marinate overnight in refrigerator.
That day:
Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Cover the counter with a sheet of wax paper – this will make clean up so much easier.
Rinse the chops off and pat dry.
In a shallow bowl, stir together till well mixed: the powdered dressing mix, bread crumbs, cheese, and powdered garlic.
In a second bowl, pour out some of the bottled ranch dressing. (maybe 3 – 4 tbs)


Now set up your assembly line: with chops, wet dressing, dry mix and sprayed pan.
Take a chop, coat with dressing, press into bread crumbs, then place on pan.

Slide them into the oven to bake for about 40 to 45 minutes. You want to check them with an instant read thermometer. The thickest part should reach 150 to 155.













Once the chops are in the oven, wash the tomatoes. Cut off any stem or green part. Cut in half around its waist. Slave likes to cut it into v shaped groves just to look pretty and hold a bit more breading. Add another 2 tbs of cheese to what is left of the breadcrumbs. Set the halves with the face up on a plate. Sprinkle some cheese on each. 

 
Spoon out equal amounts of the breadcrumbs, then cover with plastic wrap and let sit until the chops have been in for half an hour. Remember, If you want melted cheese, use a grated cheese, not Parmesan. Then remove the plastic and place them around the chops and let finish baking.


Take out of oven, cover loosely with a sheet of foil and let rest for about 7 to 10 minutes. It will finish cooking and draw the juices back into the meat.
HINT: Do not omit this resting time.

Most brands of frozen green beans will do perfectly. Follow the instructions. Start them in the microwave right after you take out the meat.
Slave is often asked: why didn't you add some parsley? Or why not some basil or oregano? All of these are fine ONCE you know your spices. Try other combinations but only after you have followed the recipe once!
Slave uses the dry Italian dressing mix. Not only are all the right spices in there, they are in the right proportions. You should not have to buy a whole jar of ground rosemary when you will only need less than ¼ teaspoon of it.
That said, there are times when you should not buy a mix. For example: onion soup mix. This is very handy and can be used on a variety of things for better taste. However the store bought mix is FULL of salt. Just mix your own and keep in an air tight jar for months! That way you can use only the amounts you want. Just remember to shake it up well to remix it every time.
Salt Free Onion Soup Mix:
3 tbs dried minced onion (or flakes)
4 tsp. instant beef bouillon powder – sodium-free (slave uses Herb Ox)
1 tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp celery seed
Combine ingredients and store in air tight container.
You can double or triple this easily.
-----------

 
By now everything should be ready for the table. Serve the chops on a platter surrounded by the bright tomatoes. Wine of your choosing would compliment this dinner nicely.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




My Collar

You can't imagine the questions I get about being a slave. I am proud of my status and self-identity. Most questions I have no problems answering. However I will not take anyone's hatred or abuse. I simply have no time to waste on that.
Let me tell you about my collar. I am so proud of being able to wear my Master's collar 24/7. In fact, it is only off of me when showering and shaving.
To me it is an outward sign of the connection between me and my Master Indy. It is a symbol that connects me with a past that goes back thousands of years. With a big difference in that my slavery is consensual! It is a life that I had never considered yet was so very right that I knew it instantly.
My shackles often feel as if they are antenna focusing the energy of a universe into the wrists that were made for them. My collar is different.
I guess it is different for every slave, yet just as strong a connection and symbol. It is said that the collar is always on wither it is in place or not.
There are times, I wish mine were visible to the general public. So that every man, woman and child could see that I wear it proudly and am happy with it.
However my Master has chosen a different collar for me. It is a private collar. It is for me to feel constantly, yet shared with only Him.
He explained it by saying that seeing a collar on my neck does nothing for Him. What He wants, is to see the reflection of that collar. That is what He wants to be shown. My actions, my deeds, my attitude, and my work must reflect the fact that I wear HIS COLLAR. That is the public display He wishes me to put on.
You see after all, it is in the fulfilling of His wishes, His wants, and His desires, that my life has the greatest meaning. It is the highest goal I can attain. That is my joy.
Let me tell you, at times, it does feel alive. It is like a warm encircling hand that can wake me from a deep sleep and drag me out of a recliner. At other times, it is a cold, hard reminder that underneath the facade of a freeman there is a slave. I am a piece of owned property. Something that belongs to someone else and I had better take good care of it.
So I tend to it like it were my Master's automobile, or His fine silver, or even his most ragged pair of jeans that need mending.
If we meet, the chances are, you will not see the shiny metal collar my Master has me wear. But it is there. Just exactly where it needs to be. It is for Him. It is for me.

Always so VERY proud to be serving my Master Indy.

socialslave

To satisfy and restore.
To nourish, support and maintain.
To gratify, spoil, comfort and please,
to nurture, assist, and sustain
..I cook!

Please buy slave's cookbook:

The Little Black Book of Indiscreet Recipes by Dan White http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F315Y4I/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_vAT4sb0934RTM via @amazon





No comments:

Post a Comment