Saturday, August 24, 2013

On the Occasion of Celebrating the Second Anniversary being a slave of Master Indy.

Two Years Already?


In this little riverfront town of Saint Charles, Mo. Historical sites and signs are to be found everywhere. That is with the exception of this. Just a few yards north of “Historic South Main Street”, (one of the largest restored districts in the country) sits this structure, built over a hundred years ago to be the Post Office. As you can see, it has seen better days. No marker here to point out the significance of these steps. It is "best left forgotten" they think. You see, these were built over and to completely hide the original slave auction block for the county.


This way maybe everyone will forget that at one time we proudly stood on this site to buy and sell humans. "After all" that nasty business "is all behind us now". No need to bring up that bit of "unpleasantness".

Yes the buying and selling of humans was a shameful practice. However we must never forget involuntary servitude existed. Not to continue to shame ourselves, but rather to encourage people with the proof of how far we have come and are capable of striving to overcome.




The buildings, still standing, across the street watched this enterprise. By using the minds eye to wipe out the images of cars and electric signs, we see the same thing the slaves saw.

My purpose today is not to teach or to publicly promote anything. This is a highly personal pilgrimage. In fact, the only thing it shares with the past is the term “slave”.

What I am celebrating, VOLUNTARY servitude, is so completely different with what happened here, you might think it strange that I even make any kind of connection.

Yet it is the closest thing and I find myself drawn to it on this 24th day in August. Today we celebrate the two year anniversary of my Master and I. It has been a most interesting and rewarding ride! In fact, even these last two weeks, has been a psychical challenge for me that I wasn't sure I could complete.

Today here I am. Somewhere beneath my feet lies a genuine slave auction block. I proudly stand here and profess to any one willing to listen, that I gladly re-affirm my wish to be the personal property of my Master Indy.



At last, so late in my life, I have found my calling, my best destiny, the reason I was placed upon this earth! I am here to serve!

I am eternally grateful that Master Indy is still willing to own me, for I am no where near perfect. He has simply told me that perfection is to be shrived for always, but not necessarily obtained.

While I wear no “collar”, it enriches my soul to wear this around my neck. If for no other reason to remind myself how lucky I am to have found my purpose, my place, and my Master Indy.


 
Master, I can not begin to thank You for all You have given me

Forever to be Yours

socialslave


To satisfy and restore.
To nourish, support and maintain.
To gratify, spoil,
comfort and please,
to nurture, assist, and sustain
..I cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment